The young student from the film "Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring" tortures animals just for fun. He ties rocks to the animals, which eventually kill the fish and the snake. His master tries to tell the boy about the significance and the value of life. The master ties a rock on the boy's back and makes him find the animals and free them from the rock.
This punishment was effective since the boy was able to feel something from his deepest heart; he cried at the closing scene. The boy would have felt guilt, sympathy, and despair. Sometimes by an emotional experience people learn a lesson easier than by a logical thinking process. A strong impression in one's heart is much more direct and influential way to change one's attitude or mind. Thus, I think the master has done an excellent job to teach the boy about the value of life.Every living thing in the world is precious and meaningful. There is nothing that should die. I learned this lesson by an emotional experience just like the little boy in the film.
When I was in 4th grade, one day my little brother brought four gold fish to our house. My brother got that fish as a birthday present from his kindergarten teachers. The fish were inside a small plastic bowl. My brother was so happy about the present. Right after changing his cloth, he went to a pet shop to buy an aquarium and toys for the fish. I thought it was silly, since I did not like any type of animals. For me, fish were something annoying to raise. Fish was just foods.
I had no interest to the fish. I just ignored them. One day, I fought with my brother. I got mad at him; thus, I trashed all the fish food. I also lied to him that I gave the food to the fish every day. A few days past, I went to the aquarium to see what happened to the fish. The scene was terrible; three other fish had eaten up the weakest fish. After my brother figured out the fact, he almost fainted. He did not eat for days.I realized that the gold fish meant nothing to me; however, for my brother, it was a very important and beloved pet. I learned that even the smallest things have their own meaningful life.


Beautiful. Funny fish pics. Tragic as well.
답글삭제